9/23/08

Herb gardening


Recently I have had a request from a dear friend to post a picture of my herb garden on the blog. I am ashamed to say that I have been so busy this past year - I have no herb garden. What I have is a few herbs in pots and numerous lavender bushes! This then is a picture of one of my lavender bushes in full bloom, or rather, a detail thereof. This request reminded me of everything I have been missing - what is more refreshing than leaving your kitchen and picking herbs from your own garden to use in the dishes you are preparing. It is utterly boring and really frustrating to buy a small bag of ill-looking herbs in a supermarket! No - starting today I will again plant my own herbs and vegetables. It is rewarding and calming. If you have any advice for me - please feel free to post them at the comments section on this blog. Have a nice day.