11/9/08

Don't worry - Be HAPPY!


"The way of the superior man is threefold, but I have not been able to attain it. The man of wisdom has no perplexities; the man of humanity has no worry; the man of courage has no fear." (Confucius - Analects ch.14, v. 30) And it is true, off course! The thing is - what will worry bring us? Will worry stop the thing you are worrying about from happening? NO! There was (and still is!) a proverb in the late 19th century that said it is not work that kills, but worry.
It should be easy for us. Psalm 13:5 - 6 says: But I have trusted in Your mercy; My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, Because He has dealt bountifully with me. But what does this mean? The answer (theoretically) is so simple yet the practical side of this coin is the problem. I have known many couples who badly wanted a baby. They have tried everything, cried their eyes out, went through hell - and still no pregnancy. It has happened many times (with at least two couples I know) that after they have given up hope, been told there is no hope - and went on with their lives they became pregnant! Why? I believe because it was the right time. The Lord has a plan for all of us - each of our lives has already been written in His little black book. He knows what is best for us (good and bad!) - and He will let it happen to us whenever He knows is the right time and place. So why would we worry ourselves sick about anything? Al we have to do is TRUST in the Lord - He is wise, loves us and is Almighty. Al we need to do is our bit and the rest of the puzzle pieces will slip into place effortlessly - but no! We have to worry! From today onwards I will work hard and do my bit and the rest I will place in the Lord's very capable hands. I bet that when I stop worrying I will suddenly have a lot more time to work towards my goals!
It is as the 1915 song written by George Assaf (1880 - 1951) said: "What's the use of worrying? It never was worth while, So, pack up your troubles in your old kit-bag, And smile, smile, smile!" Have a nice day dear reader.

No comments: